Galvanic Skin Test Meter

A place for you to introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself, share your story, or just say Hi.
Everyone is welcome.
smaccarthy29

Galvanic Skin Test Meter

Postby smaccarthy29 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Hello,

I am new here, so I would like to say hi to everybody and thank you so much for letting me a part of your group.

I started reading some books on Radionics, and I saw that there are instructions on how to build a radionics box. These books say to start by practicing with a plastic coffee can cover, to get a stick. I have been practicing for a while now, but for some reason I cannot get a stick. I have also been practicing with a pendulum, and it loves to talk, but I've noticed that sometimes the pendulum changes directions depending on what I'm thinking or what I would like the answer to be. Because of this reason, I think the pendulum might not be dependable enough. I also read that you can use a galvanic skin test meter instead. I'm really interested in trying this system with the galvanic skin test meter.

Could you please let me know how/where I should be connecting the galvanic skin test meter to a Radionic Box?

Could you please let me know what book has the best instructions on how to build a Radionic box, please?

I hope you have a great day.

Thank you so much,

Susan :)

JosephMax

Re: Galvanic Skin Test Meter

Postby JosephMax » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 am

smaccarthy29 wrote:Hello,

I am new here, so I would like to say hi to everybody and thank you so much for letting me a part of your group.

Hello, Susan and welcome!

I started reading some books on Radionics, and I saw that there are instructions on how to build a radionics box. These books say to start by practicing with a plastic coffee can cover, to get a stick.

Sounds like Uncle Chuckie!

I have been practicing for a while now, but for some reason I cannot get a stick.

Not an uncommon problem for beginners. I really need to get around to making a video showing how it's done! I can usually train someone in person fairly quickly.

Frankly, I don't think that kind of plastic is good to practice on. It's too naturally "greasy" feeling. I recommend matte-finish Bakelite, which is what I make all my stick pads from. If you can't easily find that, some kind of acrylic plastic with a semi-glossy finish can work. A matte finished block of hardwood will also work.

Here's some tips:

- Always start with clean hands. Wash your hands with a mild soap (Ivory is perfect) and allow to air-dry completely (it takes a few minutes.) Hieronymus said that one shouldn't try to use a stick pad for at least a few hours after your hands have been in contact with strong chemicals, like chlorine or ammonia.

- Get two shallow, wide containers (I use the flat, round plastic boxes that 3M electrical tape comes in) to hold some talcum powder and some powdered rosin (the kind sold in sporting goods stores, used by bowlers). Dusting your fingers with one or the other lets you decrease (talcum) or increase (rosin) the natural "stickiness" of your skin. To use, dab a bit on your fingertips and lightly rub them together to shed the excess.

- The trick is to get your fingers to just barely stroke the surface of the pad, in a circular motion. If your fingers slide too easily, add some rosin. If they stick too much, add some talc. You want to find that combination of light touch and slight resistance to the motion.

- For me, my fingers will easily stroke the surface until, when the reaction happens, my finger skin will slightly "stick" to it, and create a kind of rapid, skidding start-stop, like what happens when rubbing your fingers on a rubber balloon.

- Try "forcing" a stick: get your fingers going in a light circular motion and then consciously increase the pressure just a tiny bit until the "sticking" happens. If you can get that to happen, you're almost there! Then lighten up a tiny bit - that's the amount of pressure you want. The trick is to get that "just right" amount of pressure going that almost gets a stick, but not quite.

- Once you've found this "just right" pressure, stoke the pad, turn one of the dials and focus your conscious mind on the machine (or on the intent of the work, as in asking a mental question: "Is this the Rate to use for _____?") Don't force the stick, just let it happen on it's own.

Give this stuff a try and let me know if it works, or if it doesn't and we'll try to work out where your problem is.

I have also been practicing with a pendulum, and it loves to talk, but I've noticed that sometimes the pendulum changes directions depending on what I'm thinking or what I would like the answer to be. Because of this reason, I think the pendulum might not be dependable enough.

Sounds like you're thinking too hard! Some kind of meditative practice may be useful here, something that allows you to quell some of the "noise" going on in your conscious mind.

I also read that you can use a galvanic skin test meter instead. I'm really interested in trying this system with the galvanic skin test meter. Could you please let me know how/where I should be connecting the galvanic skin test meter to a Radionic Box?

I've tried experimenting with one galvanic skin meter circuit I ordered on-line, but it doesn't seem to be reliable enough - I can't get any good reactions out of it at all, just using it as a "lie detector". Sometime I'll try another circuit, or a ready-made box that I can pull apart and integrate into a radionics device.

The one commercially made radionics box I know of that used a integrated galvanic skin circuit was the Digitron-D, the precursor to the SE-5. The way they did it used two raised push-buttons (like typewriter keys) set about an inch apart, with the conductive surfaces on the tops. When you pushed and held the buttons down, it engaged the circuit. Under the buttons was a coil of wire, connected to the main circuit in the same manner as the coil under a traditional stick pad. That's how it is integrated into a radionics circuit.

Could you please let me know what book has the best instructions on how to build a Radionic box, please?

Well, there isn't one! I'm going to have to write it sometime soon. I've never seen any step-by-step instructions that are really good for a beginner. The instructions on making the Hieronymus Machine written by Bill Jensen are not too bad, but that's only for one specialized device. You can get a LOT of good information on building stuff by reading the contents of this forum!

Question: what is your level of skill with basic electronics work? (in particular soldering and wiring.) Can you interpret a schematic diagram? Can you read values of resistors, capacitors, etc.? I can offer some tips and advice, but I don't want to "talk down" to you if you've got some basic electronics skills.

I hope some of this is helpful. And again, welcome!
•••••• Joseph Max – Aetheric Artist •••••••
•••• http://josephmax.wordpress.com ••••

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Good reply Joseph. I have my own ideas for a Galvanic stick pad, but it's getting around to building then testing it. In my mind's eye, I have it in mind to be a brushed metal surface of stainless steel, and a another wire which connects via an electrode to the wrist. The operator will determine a reaction from calibrated analog meter. In theory when a stick reaction is made, the needle should deviate into the truth area of the scale, as a more reliable circuit connection is made. All ideas!

I would suggest just clearing the surface of the pad with rubbing alcohol/isopropyl. It can be a bit of an irritant. So regular high-strength vodka will do the trick. You may also dip your fingers into a bowl of the vodka for cleaning. failing that some surgical wipes that you get in first aid kits work well.

Yes, there aren't really any step by step books out there, which show you how to build an instrument. There is a lot of info on here, and on both my own blog, and Josephs. So do check them out. We would need to know what sort of electronics skill set you have before offering advice, so that we could tailor it to you.

mrdee0

Postby mrdee0 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Very interesting topic here. I like the thinking around the idea of not only having a stickpad but also being able to visually see a responce. Perhaps one hand on the stick pad whilst the other holding some other 'thing' which provides a visual and maybe even an auditory feedback. So in effect one would feel a stick from the stickpad and you would also see the visual and auditory indication of this- assuming in theory that the other hand would show a responce from the stick. Some food for thought indeed.

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:54 pm

I haven't even got around to prototyping this yet, other things like work get in the way. I think Joseph has got a little further than I have, but may have hit a few snags.

JosephMax

Postby JosephMax » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm just trying to get a reliable galvanic skin meter to work! The one I built is just not sensitive enough. It doesn't register a change unless I lick my fingers before putting them on the sensors!

I may just have to buy a commercial "lie detector" and cannibalize the circuit.
•••••• Joseph Max – Aetheric Artist •••••••
•••• http://josephmax.wordpress.com ••••

AndyCook

Postby AndyCook » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Been a while since I was here and just saw this thread. One source for a Galvanic meter would be to look into any schematics for the Scientology E-Meter. I'm not a Scientologist but researched their E-Meter ages ago because I had the sneaking suspicion it is a simple (but scarily overpriced) form of lie detector (which having seen leaked documents, I believe it is exactly that). I'll have a rummage in the archives and see if I can't pull something up for folks to look over.

AndyCook

Postby AndyCook » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Ah... knew I had it somewhere... The much simpler 1966 patent (2000 patent available but much more advanced, lemme know if you want it)... should be good for starters. I may oneday try bodging something myself but I leave it here for more advanced electronicsists(?) to tinker with should they wish

US Patent 3,290,589 issued Dec. 6th, 1966
Device for Measuring and Indicating Changes in
the Resistance of a Human Body
Inventor: Lafayette R. Hubbard

hubbard-E-meter-patent-1966.pdf
(38.8 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

Return to “Introductions”