wattage

A place, and resource to talk about various electronic components to use within your projects.
Jean

wattage

Postby Jean » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 am

I've decided to buy wire wound pots. If you're going to do it, might as well do it right. I'm looking for 10K pots, does it matter if they are 1 watt or 5 watts, etc? Also a good place to buy them. I'm making a 3 dial and a 6 dial machine. Thanks

JosephMax

Re: wattage

Postby JosephMax » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Jean wrote:I've decided to buy wire wound pots. If you're going to do it, might as well do it right. I'm looking for 10K pots, does it matter if they are 1 watt or 5 watts, etc? Also a good place to buy them. I'm making a 3 dial and a 6 dial machine. Thanks

One watt is probably fine, but no harm in using 5 watt. The wattage rating is for maximum capacity. Since you're only using low DC power to run it, one watt is ok, and 5 watt is really ok.

Here ya go - five watts for 3 bucks each and free shipping. E-Bay is your friend...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-10K-Ohm-5W ... 0919812172

It's coming from Hong Kong, so expect about two weeks shipping time.
•••••• Joseph Max – Aetheric Artist •••••••
•••• http://josephmax.wordpress.com ••••

Jean

Re: wattage

Postby Jean » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Yes, I might as well have confidence in my machine. I just bought the necessary number of wire wound pots. My husband always says "measure twice, cut once" and I'm starting to remind myself of him in that respect by trying to do things right. I plan to do my two machines in a slightly different configuration than the one I'm doing for a friend, who wants a lot of layers.

For the stickpad on my 3 dial its:
clear plexiglass on top of a brass sheet. On the input its Brass , bakelite, brass. I'd like to test Sorynzar thought about eloptic properties.

For the six dial:
I want to use a coil on the stickpad, so its' bakelite, coil, tape. Same input as 3dial above. Do you think these are ok.
Thank you Joseph, eBay has always been my friend :)

Return to “Electronic & Psychotronic Components”