Observations On First Orgonite Pour

Discussion of Orgone, "Orgonite", Orgone matrix material, cloud busters, HHG's, Wilhelm Reich, etc.
freodheric

Observations On First Orgonite Pour

Postby freodheric » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Yesterday I poured my first orgonite project using Bondo fiberglass resin, copper shavings, and small Arkansas quartz crystal points. The molds I used were ramekin cups from the Dollar Store.

Fiberglass resin is really nasty stuff. It's toxic, emits toxic fumes, and I'm sure the waste, even from small projects like this, are somewhat toxic. My attempt was only partially successful; the resin reacted with the polystyrene of my molds, eating large holes. It didn't leak out, but rather embedded styrene sludge in the surface of my finished pucks.
While I am willing to concede that orgonite is beneficial on the whole, any net gain is offset by the fact of introducing yet more non-biodegradable plastic into the environment.
Is it possible that we are being sold a bill of goods on this matter? Is orgonite on its way to becoming a marketing ploy like the Law of Attraction, where enthusiasts sell each other products?

But; I am not giving up yet with orgonite, just not going to use petroleum resin anymore. As I mentioned in another post, I am dubious of the current conventional thinking on the organic/inorganic matter. I plan to experiment further using beeswax or natural resins, and also try different ways to activate the piezo effect of the crystals, which I suspect is the prime active factor of orgonite. Thinking to perhaps tightly wrap the crystals in wet leather, then let that dry to compress, and use that in a natural substrate somehow.

Anyway, somewhat disappointed in yesterday's results, but I did learn that I will move away from toxic resins in the future.

sorynzar
Site Admin

Re: Observations On First Orgonite Pour

Postby sorynzar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Yes the toxicity is an issue. Beeswax is a joy to work with, and it much more forgiving. Remember Reich never made orgone pucks from resin etc. His were all accumulators using laminated wood, steel and wool. That's an interesting idea about using the leather tension.

Personally I'd like try and fire some clay with the orgonite components inside, but not sure how well it would react.

InBetween

Postby InBetween » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:06 am

freodheric wrote:... and also try different ways to activate the piezo effect of the crystals, which I suspect is the prime active factor of orgonite. ...

The piezo effect is only active when the pressure change. Inside the resin it is constant. So this is not the real effect which contributes to the orgone accumulating effect of orgonite. We need to double check what we can learn from history. How evolved the idea of orgonite. There was a man who tried to build a small and compact version of a orgone accumulator. He understood that he needed organic and metallic compounds in a alternating way in order to mimic the function of a classic orgone accumulator. So he decided to use tools and materials which can be found in any workshop. Resin is used for many purposes, becomes stable and looks good (depending on the type of resin).

The idea was not that crystals should exhibit a piezo effect inside the resin, because this occurs only when the pressure changes. This effect is used for contact sensors in electronics. In orgonite the crystals have only a balancing purpose, trying to transform DOR into healthy orgone. If you really want a dynamic component, then use a coil and send through it signals on specific frequencies, like Schumann main resonance 7,83 Hz.

freodheric

Postby freodheric » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:02 pm

The piezo effect is only active when the pressure change.

I did not know that.
Realizing that I have no idea how contemporary organite works. I have a good understanding of what Reich was doing with the accumulators, but orgonite, as currently made, is very different.

It bothers me when I don't understand things. :? I must cogitate further on this matter.

Return to “Orgone”