Making a homeopathic remedy machine

This is the general category, if you can't find a category to match your topic, this is where it belongs.
agentgates

Re: Making a homeopathic remedy machine

Postby agentgates » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks, mate. That sounds easy enough.

Is the audio preamplifier (M040) adequate that you presented in your wishing machine article? Or shall I use a VHF or UHF one?

Sorry if I'm asking something trivial because if it is that simple I wonder why are there so many very expensive simple copiers out there on the market? Is there any additional special feature inside them?

Thanks again

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:57 am

Well my Wickenden Device v.02 is capable of copying, though the price includes a variety of advanced features, advanced electronics and time for a handcrafted piece. I'm not sure why others are so highly priced for such simple machines. I haven't tried that small amp as part of a copier, but it may be worth a try. It would be better in conjunction with a second amplifier to ramp up the power as the preamp serves more to condition the signal rather than increase gain.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks mate, I'll add a gain amplifier after the opamp then. So what do you think about the bandwidth? UHF, VHF, HF or just plain audio?

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:43 pm

If you can go UHF, then it wont hurt, though I've had a lot of success with amplifiers in the audio range, and so have a number of other people. Some of my instruments containing audio range amps are being used in clinics with a lot of success.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:28 am

For those are interested and for the record I found some info on a McGurk remedy maker taken apart for maintenance:
http://www.pararesearcher.com/nutty-tec ... emedy.html

Apparently they use the rotary switches to form a variable resistor network. Too bad there is no info on the ratings resistors but it appears to me those are also configured in a similar manner.

Happy New Year to All! :)

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Yes he used rotary switches with all fixed resistors, which I think were 1K ohm judging by the ones I've seen. So basically position one would be 1k, position 2 would be 1k+1k = 2k, and position 3 1k +1k +1k = 3k etc. It radionics, they used the same rates as Copen, Sulis do the same, but they changed the term to fit in more with homeopathy and remedy makers, as a lot of homoeopaths aren't keen on radionics. His main circuit was potted, so was inaccessible to take a look at. I requested info from him to help me service his devices as he is no longer in business, but it seems after this his son has decided to repair them. From what I can make out the main circuit is mainly a timer. Controlling a frequency and remedy creation times.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Thanks Sorynzar, my bad, there IS actually info on the ratings resistors in the linked article and how they are connected, but I was going to say "there is no info on the POTENCY resistors", sorry. The article mentions what you said and also there is a x10 step in reistance values for each dial.

So actually I was interested in the resistor values on the thumbwheel switch dials between the 2 wells.

Yes, I was thinking the same, the large IC could be a 556 timer and the small ones are probably OPAMPs or in the other way around, multiple opamps in the large IC and the small ones are timers?

Anyway, I am getting closer and closer to make my own remedy maker and looking forward to share the design in this topic. Mine is going to have a spectrum analyser inside so you can store the patients details and track their development.

About the ratings, do you happen to have a ratings book in PDF for this device? Silly me, I thought I have saved it while his website was up.

BTW I am finding it a bit of a poor design inside for that price (£750).

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:14 am

I've got a mk5 manual, but not his rates list. To be honest I didn't take much notice of all the values as most of it didn't make sense, and I figured I could come up with my own easier. All I was focused on was fixing the timer reset and replacing a switch. I then cleaned it up, and mounted it all in a new flight case. Looked much better when I was done with it.
I did find the thumb wheel from a supplier but not the type he used. The ones I saw had an integrated pot. McGurk used a resistor network that made no sense. For potencies I use ohms as dilution so 1k for M etc. keeps it simple.

Your spectrum idea sounds great. How do you plan to achieve it? It might be easier to use a computer interface to do all the processing. I know Ken Uzzel (Frex) talked about using the mic input of a PC to analyse the signals being put out by the audio. Should be possible with a USB to integrate it seamlessly.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:11 am

Oh I'm sure it looked much better after you refurbished. :)

Let me ask an important question that's on my mind for a long time but always forget: what's the proportion between the potency and the signal output? Inverse? So the higher the delution the stronger the output signal is? Or in the other way around?

About my instrument, actually what I'm trying to achieve is an advanced, affordable, portable/scalable radionics kit made of modules but mainly focused on remedy making. The core would be either a rasberry pi or an FPGA board that would do all the stuff and the user could decide what periferals he wants to attach to his device according to his own preferences. For example: if you want a simple pocket size remedy copier with a single plate cause you travel a lot, you just by the core module, one plate, the ADC/DAC module and the signal duplexer. Just plug them together, put them in an instrument box you like and jobs done. Or if you want to use it in a lab with many output plates and a single input plate, again you buy the core module, a bunch of plates, the ADC/DAC module, an amplifer and signal splitter for the multiple plates and done. Or if you can't stand the plates but prefer using wells instead, no problem, you can interchange them as they'll be electrically compatible. Some want to use a rubbing plate, light pen, or their own stuff, no problem as everything will be fully documented and open sourced. Or if you want a super advanced desktop PC or mobile phone connected (or maybe with the remedy maker's own touch screen) homeopathic health analyser just plug it in a usb, install the app and you can make/store/analyse/multiply/filter/blend remedies from the database, identify diseases from database. They can be shared on the net between homeopaths and they can make some nice wiki-like collaborative health care. Like exchange rates between each other or make nice wiki pages about diseases and maybe list the rates on the bottom of an article what they prefer for the corresponding disease and so. People can attach comments to the ratings, experiences, advices, etc.

So it would be a configurable, customiazable complex digital healthcare system wrapped around open document standards.

Sorry for typos if there's any, I'm using my mobile phone.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:28 am

One more thing I forgot to add is that I don't want any control over the hardware design either so anyone could easily reuse my designs and mass-produce the boards and periferals. Something like as the Arduino project works.

As for the PC sound card, I am not sure if we could get much use of them with radionics. You need to know that ADC/DAC solutions are almost always customised to a certain application to get the best quality. Mixed signal conversions always carry noise and signal glitches that can transform into unwanted harmonics, I don't want to go into the depth but the point is sound card's also have internal conversion noise compensation circuits and algorithms that are optimised to the faults of the human hearing senses, so they can eliminate noise that way by tricking the human ears. But when it comes to a different type of signal that type of error-correction used for audio may actually cause glitches in an otherwise correct different type of signal source. So I highly recommend using your own radionics optimised ADC/DAC, filter and (pre)amplifiers/buffers.

Return to “General”