Making a homeopathic remedy machine

This is the general category, if you can't find a category to match your topic, this is where it belongs.
sorynzar
Site Admin

Re: Making a homeopathic remedy machine

Postby sorynzar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:22 am

I like your ideas. It would be good to have a modular system. Something like the raspberry pi would be ideal.

I'm not keen on the sound cards either. There are too many limitations.

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:11 am

As for the potency. Homeopathic potency increases with higher resistance. So high resistance = high dilution/potency & decreased signal. You'd expect it to be the other way around but it makes sense from a homeopaths perspective, just not an engineering one.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:39 am

Thanks for the info mate, the design is getting clearer and clearer now.

Ok let's see if I get it right, if I transfer 0C potency I'll have to copy the same signal strength, that is where I start from. but if I want to increase the potency I put it through a resistor network according to the resistance values you said.

So it woud look like this?
0C = 0R,
6C = 6R,
30C = 30R,
200C = 200R,
1M = 1K

BTW how do I clear the remedy?

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:10 pm

It makes no sense, but using this I tried to apply some logic.

0-9 =0-9R
10 = x so x= 10R 2X = 20R etc

c = 100R 10C would equal 1k or M

It's all over the place. The thumb wheel settings are even odder. The numbers don't add up. Seems a lot of it's intentions anyway. Timers that transfer a substance in seconds etc. where in reality to achieve full permeation of the substance would take much longer.

If you can think of anything else, please let me know.

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

By the way here's that McGurk fully restored.

IMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG (119.24 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Alright, that looks really nice, mate. Thanks for the clarification on the resistors.

Well I still have many questions :mrgreen:
1. What do you think the ideal transfer time should be? Minute(s)?
2. How do I clear the remedy if, for example, I transfer the wrong rate? I mean, not overwriting but actual clearing. Transferring a white/pink noise? Or full spectrum sine wave sweep?
3. The one I saw inside had a coil around the copper well connected to the circuitry. Does it really work through the copper well? Because as far as I know metal blocks the radionics waves. Just curious.
4. What's the number of turns around the wells?
5. Are those tight turns or loose ones?
6. Is that your own instrument, though?

I still have many questions, hope not burdening you. I'll also upload some photos of my prototype soon.

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:44 pm

I look forward to seeing some of your prototype designs.

I think a full spectrum sine wave sweep would be ideal as it would hit the right resonances. What's your maximum limit? I have looked at degaussing, but when you have electronics in the unit it can become difficult. The last degauss I tried, didn't even degauss a pair of pliers that had become magnetic, so haven't investigated further.

I didn't count the turns on the McGurk. They were wrapped around the copper beaker, so doesn't have the same inductance effect. The turns were quite tight, but not very neat. Metal can be used as a conductor for the waves, people don't tend to use it for a casing as it acts as a shield, but for the likes of using plates it works well.

No it's not my own Instrument, I serviced it for a friend.

As for the amount of time to run the transfer. It would all depend at which point the sample reaches signal saturation, the tipping point if you like. Measuring that would give some indication. I say as long as possible to ensure it does.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:09 am

sorynzar wrote:I look forward to seeing some of your prototype designs.

I will post them another day when I'll be on night sleep, so that I can take nice daylight photos. Some of those things I ordered haven't arrived yet due to Xmas parcel flood at package sorting facilities, assume, so I'll just post pictures of those things I've already got.

sorynzar wrote:I think a full spectrum sine wave sweep would be ideal as it would hit the right resonances.

Sounds logical.

sorynzar wrote:What's your maximum limit?

The DAC I'll be using is rated up to 500MSPS so the effective bandwidth limit is 250MHz comfortably, but actually I could do 350MHz with some tricks. The final design will naturally be much lower as this is strictly a prototype.

So what I'm trying to achieve with such a high bandwidth is to research and fully document the limits of radionics and later I can scale down the mass-production design to reasonable levels. This way I can make sure there is no important signal that I accidentally "cut out" with the bandwidth limitations of the instrument.

sorynzar wrote:I didn't count the turns on the McGurk. [...] The turns were quite tight, but not very neat.

Yeah, well I'm not surprised after seeing the wiring of the front panel on the device I linked... It can't be such a high frequency if tight. But who knows, I'm aware of frequencies of the human body in UHF range as well.

sorynzar wrote:Metal can be used as a conductor for the waves, people don't tend to use it for a casing as it acts as a shield

For my first remedy maker design I actually used metal casing because I was going to amplify the signal from the input pot rather than what comes from outside the air. That design never worked, although not because of the case, I used tin cans without wiring on them. (I'll fix that device one day though). But the new design will be plastic and I bought a bunch of adhesive copper tapes so if I do have to shield it for some reason I still can. Again, this is still just for prototyping.

sorynzar wrote:As for the amount of time to run the transfer. It would all depend at which point the sample reaches signal saturation, the tipping point if you like. Measuring that would give some indication. I say as long as possible to ensure it does.

I can't agree more. Actually I was thinking about this solution in those days when I couldn't find info on the potency and resistor co-relations. So I already made a design with an INPUT and a combined INPUT/OUTPUT well for the target substance through a signal duplexer. While imprinting the sample I interrupt it every once in awhile to measure, compare, estimate the remaining time and/or adjusting the signal strength if necessary. (That was when I realized the INPUT well can actually be omitted and some users might have such demands).

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:39 am

Here is a very basic and incomplete diagram (that later I will certainly redraw with a better program).

Mk1-beta1.png
Mk1-beta1.png (57.47 KiB) Viewed 2566 times

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Sorynzar, I was thinking about this whole resistor subject. If it is true what you are saying we didn't even need an amplifier circuit, only 2 wells and a resistor in between to copy and potentize remedies.

You said the resistance values are linear proportional to the potency, but that doesn't mean mate if the output signal is also weaker when you increase the resistance on the thumb wheels. It depends what those resistors actually control in the amplifier circuit. For example if they make up the ground couple resistor for an OPAMP's negative feedback the increasing resistance will make increased signal on the output.

Can you recall what did those resistors control?

BTW I designed a circuit to test the potency/resistance co-relation. It's just a simple preamplifier + amplifier with a potentiometer, schematic is in the attachment.
Attachments
PreAmplifier-Posted.pdf
(32.22 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

Return to “General”