Making a homeopathic remedy machine

This is the general category, if you can't find a category to match your topic, this is where it belongs.
sorynzar
Site Admin

Re: Making a homeopathic remedy machine

Postby sorynzar » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:11 pm

I wish I had paid more attention to perhaps mapping the McGurks, because I worked on two of them. Owing to limited time I just carried out the repairs, and looking at the spaghetti junction rats nest of wiring and illogical values, I thought better of it.

I think overall the electronic potencies are perhaps placebo, or intention based. Most homeopaths who have been traditionally trained will not work with electronic homoeopathy and will only use mechanical dilution. There is of course a market for it, but the tests conducted are purely subjective, i.e. the use of a pendulum on a swing chart. There's no defined source of signal to measure. It's not like we can encode a substance with a fixed frequency and measure its curvature on an output remedy, or can we? I think to open up this area, we need to get back to basic and be able to perform those functions. So for example you ran your resonance sweep on your blank remedy solution, performed a spectrum analysis of the sample to get a measured response. Perform a signal transfer using a PEMF of some sort, then measure the spectrum of the substance again after the transfer has been completed and see if there is a hit for the frequency you transferred. You can then set a time for testing, or log the data, and begin to plot graphs, which should in theory show a drop over time as homeopaths point out remedies have an effective shelf life. A number of other variables could be tested as well.

if this process showed nothing but random data, then it is either ineffective, something's gone wrong, or the equipment is not detecting the imprinted information, probably because it uses some other force of nature that has not been categorised, or our instrumentation can measure. Most scientists would then begin to look at variation in quantifiable and visible data, much in the same way that dark matter is detected because light bends around it. Nothing can detect dark matter, but light behaves non uniformly when in its presence. It would be down to us to find that peculiar variation.

There are some water analysis methods which look promising, and a number have been highlighted at the last water conference based around waters memory effect. We could use these to determine a base for running experiments and analysing data.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:44 pm

sorynzar wrote:So for example you ran your resonance sweep on your blank remedy solution, performed a spectrum analysis of the sample to get a measured response. Perform a signal transfer using a PEMF of some sort, then measure the spectrum of the substance again after the transfer has been completed and see if there is a hit for the frequency you transferred. You can then set a time for testing, or log the data, and begin to plot graphs, which should in theory show a drop over time as homeopaths point out remedies have an effective shelf life. A number of other variables could be tested as well.

This is my ultimate goal with building that high bandwidth remedy maker.

This is how the process of a remedy reading would look:
1. Quick reading. Only for estimating the signal strength.
2. Analogue normalization. Adjusting the input amplifier to take advantage of the full digital resolution of the ADC.
3. FFT algorithm to find out what frequencies the remedy emits.
4. Averaging. We run the previous algorithm until the noise will smooth out in the spectrograph.
5. Now we cut off the noise by omitting everything in the noise range.
6. Digital normalization. We stretch the graph from noise level down to zero and up to potency 0C of the largest spike (so a copy without changing the original strength).
7. The remaining humps are the actual frequencies. We simply store the frequency values and the strength of each, instead of the entire sample as the data is smaller and cleaner. (only bytes, instead of megabytes)

This will be the imprinting process:
1. Resynthesis. We run DDS on the stored frequencies with the corresponding strength, mix them a temporarily in the RAM.
2. Setting the desired potency on the output amplifier.
3. Imprinting.
a). Quick transmission. We read the data from the RAM and transfer it to the output well for a short period.
b). Switching the duplexer on the output (making it an input) for reading back the imprinted data.
c). Comparison with stored data and signal strength values.
d). Estimating total imprinting time.
e). Full transmission. Switching the duplexer back to transmission mode and running the transmission until the estimated period.

Naturally we may repeat this as many times needed.

One thing came to my mind while typing: we might be able to set the potency by varying the transmission period instead the signal strength. It would make the process much faster with lower potencies and nevertheless the whole output amplifier simpler. (we don't need adjustible amplifier on the output side)

For the instrument's potency calibration and validation I'll buy a couple of bottles of remedies of the same kind with different strength (say Kalmia 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M) from a manufacturer who uses the traditional mechanical method (so the potencies are 100% valid). I put them in the input well one after another, sample them and make a curvature with the corresponding potencies. Each point will represent the co-relation between potency and signal strength.

As for the side project (the simple copier) I started today and posted the schematic earlier, I found a better way for making the signal strength and resistance linear. I'll post it sometime when I'll be at my PC to fix the schematic.

UPDATE

Here is a related video about the potencies and signal amplification:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXTEThOo3w

Is that really as simple as this?

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:58 pm

I see with that video, he's using gain as potency, I guess that could be used as well, but in homeopathy the higher potency would be minimal gain, can you see the problem?

Your procedure sounds clear. I've just seen this scope that could be useful with your Pi set up:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1868041.pdf

It's about £80 a piece.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:14 pm

sorynzar wrote:Your procedure sounds clear. I've just seen this scope that could be useful with your Pi set up:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1868041.pdf

It's about £80 a piece.

Thanks for the response and the link, mate. Actually I've got a scope for 25MHz, although no spectrum analyzer and on it's own, naturally, doesn't show any difference when I put a remedy in the well. The device I'm building is going to have it's own high bandwidth spectrum analyzer with internal touch screen, allowing me to do just about whatever I need e.g. add, subtract, multiply, manually edit frequencies, etc or even have additional helpful tools like app for making dowsing chart and put it on full screen. I already ordered all the parts I need so basically it's up to the post and my time to put everything together. :)

As for the Raspberry PI it wont be adequate for this high-bandwidth prototype I'm building so I'll be using an FPGA board instead. More flexibility and better performance with parallel DSP blocks for driving the high frequency ADC and DAC in real-time. Also I can add as many soft processor cores as I need.

The FPGA I'm using is a Cyclone V with 25K CLBs which is a bit small for the LEON3 soft core CPU I'd like to use on the final product (http://www.gaisler.com/index.php/produc ... sors/leon3) so the prototype will probably temporarily rely on something like Altera's NIOS II. Small, uses only 600 CLBs per CPU core, Linux support and doesn't have to be fast as all the CPUs will have to handle is the touch screen and the graphical interface, all the real-time high-bandwidth stuff will be done by the parallel DSP blocks. The NIOS II by the way has royalty fees for customers per core so I would avoid that on the final product but there are still many ways to go. Plenty of free soft cores out there, also Cyclone V has a product series with integrated hard ARM (single or dual) CPUs.

By the way this is the dev board I'm using: http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/arro ... crocv#QyQR

sorynzar wrote:[...] but in homeopathy the higher potency would be minimal gain, can you see the problem?

Well I am a little skeptical with this inverse proportional gain/potency co-relation as I mentioned earlier. I prefer experimenting with my new instrument (when it's up and running) before making a stand.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:31 am

Some update on the project:
1. The crucial parts have arrived. The RF relays are still on their way.
2. I figured that we dont't actually need the softcore CPU because the FPGA can be interfaced directly via USB. So if user wants it be a standalone machine without mobile phone or PC dependency a cheap PI and LCD touchscreen mounted in the box could do the job.
3. I've been doing some work on the instrument case, later I'll post some photos.

Tony

Ehrlingby

Postby Ehrlingby » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:08 pm

I’ve been eagerly following this thread for a while now – very much looking forward to seeing how this project turns out!

About the potency/signal strength inverse proportionality issue – I remember reading a study which ties in with this very well.

A professor in Sweden, Leif Salford, gained somewhat of an international reputation after studying the effects of electromagnetic fields on the blood brain barrier – noting severe disruptions (leakage) when GSM-cellphones were present close to the laboratory rats. What he noticed, however, was that the degree of leakage was inversely proportional (with a few deviations, if I recall) to the signal strength of the field he was outputting. In other words: the leakage worsened when the signal strength was lower. I would therefore think that higher resistance would result in a greater potency. Of course, you will have to experiment with different potencies and see if you find a pattern – and report back, please :-)

Oskar

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Thanks for the info, Oskar. Sounds like somehow lower signals would have more effect on the energy body? We'll find out.

By the way, did Salford work with Olle Johansson at Kalinska, though? Because I'm familiar with his work on GSM phoes and CRT monitors.

Yes, naturally I will disclose all the details I find, that is the main purpose of my project after all. :)

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:54 am

I look forward to seeing some pictures. Sounds great.

As for the mobile phone study. It made me think of alpha, beta and gamma radiation. Gamma being the stronger form of radiation passes quickly through the substance it is aimed at even thick concrete. Allah would struggle to pass through a few sheets of paper. Water content would also have an effect. Perhaps the lower power causes more damage because it remains in the same location rather than dissipating quickly.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm

About 90% of the circuit schematic is done. It turned out the solid-state RF switches I've got are not going to work with this design so I'll have to wait for the RF relays which still haven't arrived.

I thought they've posted them before Xmas. That wasn't the case, they were expecting a response from me whether what voltage level I want to drive the coil with, but I didn't realize it until now... :roll: I replied so hopefully they will be here by the time I'll be dealing with the PCB design.

Until then I'll be working on the circuit schematic and I'll post the initial design in a few days.

realityphantom

Postby realityphantom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 am

I am eagerly watching and taking notes :D :D

Return to “General”