Choosing the proper dowsing equipment

This is the general category, if you can't find a category to match your topic, this is where it belongs.
agentgates

Choosing the proper dowsing equipment

Postby agentgates » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:43 am

I couldn't find a related topic so I decided to open one.

I've got a palm size bamboo stick pyramid, built it years ago. It hangs from a thin cord in my lab but I can only do YES/NO stuff, it responses slowly, takes minutes while comes to rest to be ready for the next question so I'd like to move on. I'd like to try out dowsing with a pendulum over chart. I've been experimenting with a dual pointed hexagonal blue kyanite but somehow I'm just unable to program it. It gives random answers all the time.

So my questions are:
1. What's the problem? The kyanite stone? The polyester cord? Both?
2. What is the difference between various metal and stone dowsing pendulums (if there is any) and how to choose the right one?

sorynzar
Site Admin

Re: Choosing the proper dowsing equipment

Postby sorynzar » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 am

You want one that has a good weight too it, too light and its susceptible to air currents etc. a natural cord of cotton works well, though I've had success with metal chains. Programming is simple. Just ask show me yes, see the direction it takes, and show me no, and see the direction it takes. For me it's left right for yes, and forward and back for no.

realityphantom

Postby realityphantom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 am

And for me it is back and forth for yes and left/right for no. I envision it as a head nodding or shaking..

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:28 am

It's interesting that's it's different for everyone. Are you left or right handed? I wonder if there's a correlation?

Rainsong

Postby Rainsong » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:02 am

The late Beverly Jaegers found that using the offhand (i.e., left, if you're right-handed; and right, if you're left-handed) is best for psychometric activities. It seems likely that it's also best for one-handed dowsing methods such as pendling.

As for the material of the pendulum, as long as it dangles freely and has some kind of weight at the end, it should work. If you favour traditional materials -- some folks say it makes a difference for them -- try substituting a silk or cotton thread for the polyester. Or use a metal chain, such as are used for pendant necklaces.

Cheers.

agentgates

Postby agentgates » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Thanks for the reply and advices guys. I am right handed though, I'll try with left and I order a heavier pendulum.
Yeah I think the problem is kyanite is way too light.

BTW sorry for my late response, I forgot to tick the email notification for this topic.

Return to “General”