Op-amp instead of crystals

A place to discuss all aspects of radionics.
sweetmonc

Op-amp instead of crystals

Postby sweetmonc » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:47 am

Hi,

Anybody tried with op-amp to amplify instead of crystals? Please connect. Require info.

Anybody had any input on ways to make battery charged electronic radionics machine, please inform.

Any input will help.

Thanx in advance.

sorynzar
Site Admin

Re: Op-amp instead of crystals

Postby sorynzar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Yes, various op amps with differing characteristics and bandwidths. The crystals act more as a storage medium rather than amplifier. The information is imparted by the b field of the powered inductor into the crystal matrices

sweetmonc

Postby sweetmonc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:07 pm

sorynzar wrote:Yes, various op amps with differing characteristics and bandwidths. The crystals act more as a storage medium rather than amplifier. The information is imparted by the b field of the powered inductor into the crystal matrices

Thanks sorynzar.

falcott

Postby falcott » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:10 am

sorynzar wrote:Yes, various op amps with differing characteristics and bandwidths. The crystals act more as a storage medium rather than amplifier. The information is imparted by the b field of the powered inductor into the crystal matrices

(With apologies for hijacking the thread)
Imagining that we have a multi-dial resistance instrument, are you able to comment on having a crystal inductor between each potentiometer, as opposed to a single crystal after the bank of dials? (i.e.: multiple crystals would hold information of the immediate dial(s) whereas a single crystal would hold information for the whole bank.) How would you see the advantages/disadvantages for both configurations? Thanks!

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:59 pm

where I still use crystals I just use a single one after the tuning bank now.

falcott

Postby falcott » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:26 am

sorynzar wrote:where I still use crystals I just use a single one after the tuning bank now.

Thanks for the feedback. That makes it simpler, and in fact should be good enough. Quartz can store a lot of information anyway.

Return to “Radionics”