1 Dial : 1 Input : Quartz Output

A forum for you to share and receive advice/guidance on your new radionics projects.
cp1

1 Dial : 1 Input : Quartz Output

Postby cp1 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:45 pm

A bit sloppy still and I would like to learn some woodworking skills and move away from any plastics, despite the cost & ease.

Pocket sized, huge stick pad, single terminated quartz point, RCA input, 500Ω linear pot.

2 simple wound quartz crystals, in circuit like on Joseph Max's 1 dial diagram, but with additional quartz between the stick pad and the pot. The tape and hot glue are for support, everything is soldered. Infinity symbol cut out of the plastic case for the stick pad contact, but you cant really see it now. I was going to add a 9v connection and a ultrabright red led behind the quartz output connected to a on/off/on slide switch that would reverse the circuit. Nothing else would fit with the 3 crystals in there so I left it as is.

Comments, opinions or suggestions for improvement appreciated. :)

sorynzar
Site Admin

Re: 1 Dial : 1 Input : Quartz Output

Postby sorynzar » Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm

The plastics aren't all that bad, ABS is o.k, and of course Bakelite, as Joseph would suggest. Wood is much better for eloptic works, as it is a store of the energy/absorbtion layer.

I would suggest winding your crystals with ~ 1/2 mm dia copper wire, tight winding. I'm not sure on the number of turns, maybe that's something we could discuss as a group? If we could determine a primary frequency for operation, such as the frequency brainwaves are measured at on emission, then perhaps we can determine a sweet spot, and hence the correct coil winds for the frequency.

For the meantime, most of us just wind in multiples of 3, observing magickal tradition :-)

JosephMax

Postby JosephMax » Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Nice job - I'm well aware on how difficult it is to pack that much stuff in the box!

Using magnet wire to wind the crystals would save some space.

More comments later, gotta go work...
•••••• Joseph Max – Aetheric Artist •••••••
•••• http://josephmax.wordpress.com ••••

sorynzar
Site Admin

Postby sorynzar » Tue May 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Using a tight wind would also improve the magnetic properties. As it stands the PVC insulator is creating an excess of space reducing the field, and creating a ton of Eddys. Tighten it up, and the performance will improve.

cp1

Postby cp1 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Will do on the next round. Thank You.

These wrapped quartz points were actually made and given to me by a friend who was interested in being involved somewhat in the process of creating a device. I tried teaching him how to do mobius wraps as well but he has not gotten back to me in a while and I personally do not like wrapping wire in any form, maybe if I can setup a nice 'rig' to help one day, but for now, its a tedious chore(which is part of the magick I guess. haha). I may have to send him a device to respark his interest. :D

JosephMax

Postby JosephMax » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 am

Yes, it's tedious alright. And yes, that's part of the magic.

Let's just say that wrapping a tight coil by hand requires a lot of time and focus.

My "rig" is my wife slowly rotating the core while I wind and tighten the wire! Though I can do it by myself on smaller cores – I've developed a system...
•••••• Joseph Max – Aetheric Artist •••••••
•••• http://josephmax.wordpress.com ••••

Return to “Radionics”